Friday, November 25, 2011

Trying To Become Debt Free

Hi, I am presently working full-time and do house and petsitting on the side for extra income. I have been doing this for over a year now and find that I am paying rent for an apartment I am hardly ever at.

I have an upcoming job for two months at two places. I am thinking about leaving my apartment when my lease is up and maybe rent a room for cheaper rent. I feel like I am throwing away rent when I am never there anyway.

So for the two months I am living in other people's homes I will be rent free and can put my stuff in storage. During those two months I will save over $1000.

I am guessing you probably want me to go through my financial past a little bit.

I am 27 years old and have been discharged from bankruptcy for 2+ years. I am slowly rebuilding my credit and have made some poor choices during this process and as a result I have a car loan to pay for and a high interest personal loan.

I really want to be as debt free as possible. I am into month two of the envelope system and this month is a bit more of a struggle than the previous month.
Any other questions - just ask. I just want to know if anyone has any advice for me.

Read the discussion here

1 comment:

DEBTective said...

You fell down with the bankruptcy, baby, but I'm proud of you for getting back up and going full-steam ahead. That's a smart move to downsize and save some extra dough. If you sell the car and get an older, paid-for set of wheels, that will free up some more cash. Keep going and good luck! www.debtective.com.